Songbirds Guitar Museum: World's largest private collection of rare, vintage guitars to open early 2017
Located next to the Chattanooga Choo Choo, the museum is a guitar-oriented, pop culture experience for the whole family. A Grand Opening Celebration will take place on March 9.
Explore Offbeat New Mexico
The Museum boasts a complete collection of over 1,700 instruments and accessories, each with a story to tell. Guitars are grouped by brand, time frame, and linear progression and include acoustic, electric, jazz,
bass, mandolin, banjo, and mandocello models. Songbirds Guitar Museum is historically accurate, educational and fun for guitar enthusiasts as well as newcomers to the world of fretted instruments.
The collection of rare, vintage guitars includes:
- Prototype 1950 Broadcaster serial #0009
- Early Stratocasters #0102, 0103 and 0104
- Pre-War D45 Martin Guitar
- 34 Gibson Les Paul Model Sunbursts from 1958-1960. Some of the most expensive of their kind. Considered by many to be the Holy Grail of electric guitars.
- Over 300 custom color Fender guitars -- a rainbow of color. Many of these are one-of-a-kind.
- Over 75 custom color Gibson Firebird guitars -- even more scarce than the Fender custom colors.
- Over 45 classic "Bluegrass" flattops, flathead original five string banjos, mandolins, and the like representing the best of Martin, Gibson and other manufacturers.
Songbirds Guitars is a guitar-oriented, pop culture museum experience for the whole family with a collection of rare, vintage guitars.
Experience American history through Songbirds Guitars
extensive anthology of permanent and revolving exhibits on the campus of the world-famous Chattanooga Choo Choo.
Vince Gill Named an Ambassador
Grammy-winning musician Vince Gill has been named an ambassador for Songbirds Guitar Museum. Gill, a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, will showcase his top-notch songwriting, world-class guitar playing, and soaring
tenor vocals at the Grand Opening Celebration. In addition, he will lend his voice and expertise to Songbirds Guitar Museum as it shares its unparalleled collection through its permanent and rotating historical exhibits.
"This is the most impressive collection of rare, vintage guitars I have seen," says Gill, who will curate some of the exhibits. "I am honored and excited to be a part of such a tremendous display of music history."
The 7500-square-foot museum features interactive, educational displays for adults and children, an upgraded All Access tour, and an event space for private parties. Songbirds Guitar Museum is located at 35 Station Street
on the grounds of the Chattanooga Choo Choo in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Read more about travel in Tennessee
Have a comment to share? Like us on Facebook - OffbeatTravelCom and post your comment.
December 4, 2016