7 of the World's Greatest Golf Resorts for Americans
1. La Manga Club Resort, Murcia, SpainMurcia golf breaks in Spain are extravagant yet reasonably priced holiday experiences, which makes it an exceptional coastal destination filled with beautiful landscapes and fun in the sun on three unique 18-hole golf courses, a training center. The La Manga Club Resort also offers its guests 20 different restaurants, 28 tennis courts and a spa.
2. Terre Blanche, Provence Cote d'Azur, FranceTerre Blanche is a five-star resort in Provence Cote d'Azur, which is in Southern France. This resort has two 18-hole golf courses: Le Chateau and Le Riou. This world-renowned resort is also known for its championship-level courses that is home of the French Riviera Masters. Terre Blanche has a reputation for four gourmet restaurants, breathtaking views that include bordering villages, forests, lakes and waterfalls.
3. Kirimaya Golf Resort, Khao Yai, Phuket ThailandKirimaya, which translates to the illusion of mountains, is home to the Kirimaya Golf Resort that is located in the Phuket Mountains of Khao Yai. Its 18-hole golf course is considered one of the top golfing destinations in Thailand. There are also beautiful villas, tropical greenery and lagoons, which makes it a memorable and pleasant experience for Americans and other travelers alike.
4. Abaco Club, BahamasThe stunning Abaco Club is located in the Winding Bay of the Abaco Islands. Along with golf, there are numerous beaches, boating, fishing and scenic views waiting for visitors to experience. Along with its tropical weather, the 18-hole golf course offers golfers access to inclined greens and sandy terrain that make this resort challenging.
5. El Camaleon Mayakoba, Cancun, MexicoThe El Camaleon Mayakoba Golf Course and Resorts are located in the Riviera Mayan city of Cancun, Mexico. The 18-hole golf course sits between five Mayakoba resorts, the Mayan jungle, beaches, cenotes and mangroves, so there is something for everyone. As the host of the Mayakoba Golf Classic, the nature influences this golf course greatly.
6. Kauri Cliffs, North Island, New ZealandThe Kauri Cliffs North Island, New Zealand, is a beautiful setting for a golf course. There are two 18-hole golf courses, including five tiered-level tee-offs with more than 15 holes overlooking the Matauri Bay, Pacific Ocean and Cavalli Islands. The lodge also boasts of local cuisine and luxurious private cottages that overlook the forest and course.
7. Leopard Rock Golf Resort, Mutare, ZimbabweThe Leopard Rock Golf Resort, located in Mutare, Zimbabwe, has 30 subtropical golf courses. Many fairways sit among foothills and woodlands near Leopard Rock Mountains. Along with scenery, the rocks, waterways, and ravines make it interesting.
For Americans traveling abroad, each of these unique golfing holidays offers entertaining opportunities, whether on business, honeymooning or wanting a resort your family will enjoy.
June 16, 2019